Safe, secure, easy, and free tax help.
Keep more of your hard-earned dollars and get free help filing your 2020 taxes.
From January 20–April 18, 2021, trained and IRS-certified tax experts will be available to provide safe, secure and 100% online assistance in filing your taxes. United Way of King County volunteers know all the new tax laws and available credits, including those in the new relief bill, so that they can maximize your return and you can keep more of your money. They can also assist with claiming stimulus check money. Learn more about the options available here>
Free tax help is available to everyone, including ITIN holders.
- Self-filing. File your taxes online free with United Way’s filing tool at www.MyFreeTaxes.com.
- Virtual tax preparation. Get free tax preparation services virtually from your own home. In a partnership with Code for America, our local United Way Free Tax Preparation experts now can remotely prepare your tax return and file it electronically with your consent. Simply answer a few questions and submit your documents to a secured portal via GetYourRefund.org. This service is available for individuals and households who earned less than $66,000 in 2019. This virtual tax service is now available for ITIN holders.
Learn more about the options available here>
Pierce County Free Tax Preparation Services
Who: South Sound 2-1-1, Associated Ministries, Goodwill, AARP Foundation Tax-Aide
What: Free Tax Preparation Services for Low Income Families
Where: A list of the 23 locations can be found here>
When: From now until to April 15, 2021
Learn more about the options available in Pierce County here>
Get more information about Economic Impact Payments
Visit the IRS Economic Impact Payments Information Center to answer your questions about eligibility, payment amounts, what to expect, when to expect it, and more.
Tax Payment Options
Learn more about different payment options, including online payment, installment plans, and more.
Apply Online for a Payment Plan
The IRS Online Payment Agreement system lets you apply and receive approval for a payment plan to pay off your balance over time.
- 2021 tax filing season begins Feb. 12; IRS outlines steps to speed refunds during pandemic (English & Spanish)
- IRS urges taxpayers to gather tax documents now for smooth filing later (English & Spanish)
- Get a federal tax refund faster with direct deposit (English & Spanish)
- IRS Free File available today; claim Recovery Rebate Credit and other tax credits (English & Spanish)
- Taxpayers can visit IRS.gov from the safety of their home for answers to tax questions (English & Spanish)
- Taxpayers can start the new tax year off right by checking their withholding (English & Spanish)
- Tax time is seasonal, but the Taxpayer Bill of Rights applies all year (English & Spanish)
IRS Videos on YouTube
Need Help? Ask a Librarian 24/7
Need help or have a comment? Use “Ask a Librarian” by:
- Telephone – call 206-386-4636 during Central Library hours
- Email – responses within two business days
- In-person – at these Library locations
AARP offers tax preparation and assistance for low and moderate-income individuals aged 60 and older. To locate the nearest AARP Tax-Aide site, call 888-227-7669 or Learn more>
The University of Washington Federal Tax Clinic
The Tax Clinic represents income-eligible taxpayers who have ongoing disputes with the Internal Revenue Service. Call 866-866-0158. Learn more>