Alternate Tax Options
Out of an abundance of caution and in alignment with recommendations from Public Health, United Way of King County Free Tax Prep Sites are temporarily closed until further notice due to the risks associated with COVID-19.
Given the extension of the filing deadline, United Way of King County is still committed to providing tax help to those in need. If you need help filing your taxes, you can still file for free.
- Self-filing. File your taxes online free with United Way’s filing tool at www.MyFreeTaxes.com.
- Virtual tax preparation. Get free tax preparation services virtually from your own home. In a partnership with Code for America, our local United Way Free Tax Preparation experts now can remotely prepare your tax return and file it electronically with your consent. Simply answer a few questions and submit your documents to a secured portal via GetYourRefund.org. This service is available for individuals and households who earned less than $66,000 in 2019. This virtual tax service is now available for ITIN holders.
Learn more about two options available here>
For updates on when sites will be open again, please visit FreeTaxExperts.org
Need Help? Ask a Librarian 24/7
Need help or have a comment? Use “Ask a Librarian” by:
- Telephone – call 206-386-4636 during Central Library hours
- Email – responses within two business days
- In person – at these Library locations
AARP offers tax preparation and assistance for low and moderate-income individuals aged 60 and older. To locate the nearest AARP Tax-Aide site, call 888-227-7669 or Learn more>
The University of Washington Federal Tax Clinic
The Tax Clinic represents income-eligible taxpayers who have ongoing disputes with the Internal Revenue Service. Call 866-866-0158. Learn more>