Safe, secure, easy, and free tax help.
Keep more of your hard-earned dollars and get free help! Trained and IRS-certified tax experts are available to provide safe, secure and 100% online assistance in filing your taxes. United Way of King County volunteers know all the new tax laws and available credits, including those in the new relief bill, so that they can maximize your return and you can keep more of your money. Learn more about the options available here>
Free tax help is available to everyone, including ITIN holders.
- Self-filing. File your taxes online free with United Way’s filing tool at www.MyFreeTaxes.com.
- Virtual tax preparation. Get free tax preparation services virtually from your own home. In a partnership with Code for America, our local United Way Free Tax Preparation experts now can remotely prepare your tax return and file it electronically with your consent. Simply answer a few questions and submit your documents to a secured portal via GetYourRefund.org. Learn more about the options available here>
Pierce County Free Tax Preparation Services
Learn more about the options available in Pierce County here>
Get more information about Economic Impact Payments
Visit the IRS Economic Impact Payments Information Center to answer your questions about eligibility, payment amounts, what to expect, when to expect it, and more.
Tax Payment Options
Learn more about different payment options, including online payment, installment plans, and more.
Apply Online for a Payment Plan
The IRS Online Payment Agreement system lets you apply and receive approval for a payment plan to pay off your balance over time.
Need help or have a comment? Use “Ask a Librarian” by:
- Telephone – call 206-386-4636 during Central Library hours
- Email – responses within two business days
- In-person – at these Library locations
AARP offers tax preparation and assistance for low and moderate-income individuals aged 60 and older. To locate the nearest AARP Tax-Aide site, call 888-227-7669 or Learn more>
The University of Washington Federal Tax Clinic
The Tax Clinic represents income-eligible taxpayers who have ongoing disputes with the Internal Revenue Service. Call 866-866-0158. Learn more>