At Washington LawHelp you will find general information, self-help packets and resources for to assist you with tenant’s rights. Learn more>.
Solid Ground: Operates a statewide hotline for tenants seeking information on the Residential Landlord/Tenant Act and renters’ rights. Tenant counselors can provide legal referrals and action plans appropriate to each tenant’s needs. The hotline number is 206-694-6767. Learn more>
HUD -Tenant Rights, Laws, and Protections in Washington State. Learn more>
A number of local agencies offer landlord-tenant information. Some also aid in settling disputes.
- Bellevue Neighborhood Mediation Program – 425-452-4091 or www.cityofbellevue.org
- King County Bar Association Housing Justice Project – 206-267-7090 or http://www.kcba.org
- King County Dispute Resolution Center – 206-443-9603 or www.kcdrc.org
- Legal Action Center – 206-324-6890
- Seattle Office of Housing – 206-684-2489 or www.seattle.gov/html/citizen/renting.htm
- The Tenants Union – 206-723-0500 or www.tenantsunion.org
For rental assistance resources, contact the Community Information Line at: 2-1-1 (from a landline only) or 206-461-3200 or toll free 1-877-2-1-1-927. Learn more>
City of Seattle Utility Discount Program. Learn more>
Washington WorkFirst can also provide information about programs that can assist you with housing. Learn more>
Emergency Cash Assistance: If you have an emergency and need a one-time cash payment to get or keep safe housing or utilities, you may be eligible for the Additional Requirements for Emergent Needs (AREN).