United Way’s FREE Tax Help Campaign had a record breaking year! During the 2017 tax season United Way assisted 22,700 families and individuals with tax preparation services, returning $30.5 million in refunds, including over $9.7 million in EITC. They ran 27 tax prep sites across King County.
- 386 referrals were made to WithinReach for healthcare and Basic Food signups
- 29% of all clients served received EITC
- 3,429 households were connected to public benefits or asset building services.
- 6 one-day events for were held to reach underserved populations
- 727 individuals were referred for financial and debt reduction counseling & 87 credit reports were reviewed
Need Help? Ask a Librarian 24/7
Free Tax Help is available at the Seattle Public Library. For locations and times refer to the Calendar of Events and search Free Tax Help. Calendar of Events> .
Need help or have a comment? Use “Ask a Librarian” by:
- Telephone – call 206-386-4636 during Central Library hours
- Email – responses are sent within two business days
- Live chat – 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year
- In person – at these Library locations
AARP Tax Aide
AARP offers tax preparation and assistance for low and moderate-income individuals aged 60 and older. To locate the nearest AARP Tax-Aide site, call 888-227-7669 or Learn more>
The University of Washington Federal Tax Clinic
The Tax Clinic represents income eligible taxpayers who have ongoing disputes with the Internal Revenue Service. Call 866-866-0158. Learn more>