If you have been denied an account from a bank or credit union, and ChexSystems was used in the decision process, this information will help you understand what may have contributed to that decision.
Chex Systems, Inc. provides account verification services to its financial institution members to aid them in identifying account applicants who may have a history of account mishandling (for example, people whose accounts were overdrawn and then closed by them or their bank). Each report submitted to ChexSystems remains on file for five years. You can order a report to learn what information, if any, is listed in your consumer file at ChexSystems. Learn more>
Consider contacting a financial counselor to review your ChexSystems report with you.
Financial Education Providers offer one-on-one financial education, free classes and workshops to help you learn about managing your finances. You can find a schedule of upcoming classes and workshops being offered on the Financial Education Calendar.
- American Financial Solutions
- United Way Benefits Hub
Online scheduling for appointments at 5 convenient locations. Schedule an appointment here>
If you can’t find available times call (206) 461-4536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clearpoint Credit Counseling Solutions
- El Centro de la Raza
Call (206) 717-0085 or email email@example.com
- Hopelink Financial Capability Program
- NW Access Fund – Financial coaching for individuals with disabilities
- Solid Ground – Financial Fitness Boot Camp
- Sound Outreach
- YWCA Economic Resilience Initiative
- AFCPE (Association for Counseling and Planning Education)
Find an AFC (Accredited Financial Counselor) in Washington here>
- CFPB Tele-Coaching. FREE professional financial tele-coaching is an initiative of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) which is managed through a contract with the Armed Forces Services Corporation (AFSC). Financial coaching sessions are now available via phone as well as in-person. To talk to a coach, call 1-844-90-GOALS. Learn more>
Financial Counseling for Veterans
Chris Lilley, CFPB Financial Coach
9881 Bridgeport Way SW, Lakewood WA 98499
Office: 253-777-0556 / Cell: 253-341-8134
Ask the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – Information for service members. Learn more>
Answers about Identification
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency provides answers and solutions for questions about identification methods used by banks, use of social security numbers, and fingerprints. Learn more>